Saturday, February 21, 2015

Magic Wand


















She hands me tiny seashells
Plucked from atop her pillowcase.
Together, we visit the beach
That is in her mind.

“I’ve never done this before,” she confides.
I know.
Neither have I.

At our beach, the sun warms our bodies
As it reflects off the sand.
We breathe in the smell of the ocean
That fills her room.

Through tears she says, “I just want it all fixed.”
Me too.
I wish I had a magic wand.

If you enjoy my blog and would like to follow me on Facebook, I can be found at The Reluctant Survivor. And on Twitter @relucsurvivor.

3 comments:

  1. I'm tearing up right now. May you find more shells and miracles. I wish I could give you that wand you're looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful ... touching.. and a magic wand to make it all better? To make cancer go away? I long for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Melinda. I would love a magic wand that is the cure for cancer. At the time that I wrote this I wanted that wand to make Linda's wish to make it "all fixed" come true.

      Delete