Saturday, September 2, 2023

Big Goals, Small Accomplishments

 

 

I had big plans for the summer. I had taken an extended vacation in April so I would not take any weeks of vacation during the summer. However, I was determined to give myself the gift of time. I was not going to overschedule my weekends. I was going make progress on my next writing project. I was going to take a couple of long weekends to spend time with loved ones.

It is now September and classes start on Wednesday. Students are coming to campus to finalize their schedules and check on their financial aid. What happened to my summer? What happened to my goals?

I made choices. This resulted in a light schedule for June and July. One of those long weekends was spent with my childhood best friend to celebrate a milestone birthday. It was lovely and refreshing. My husband and I spent a long weekend at a local inn. We got to visit with her and extended family. Afterall, her family was my second family growing up.

July brought a long talk over coffee with a dear friend one Saturday morning. My August Saturdays got filled with family and friends.

As for my writing project? I made connections. I wrote a chapter. I rethought the structure. It was a big goal. I accomplished little. There were distractions. That does not diminish what was accomplished. It was a choice. I would not trade the fun. The laughter. The fellowship.





If you enjoy my blog and would like to follow me on Facebook, I can be found at The Reluctant Survivor


 

No comments:

Post a Comment