My friend Melinda, the one who invited me to join a Comment Circle, nominated me for a Leibster Award. It is for blogs with fewer than 200 followers. It is a “get acquainted, pay it forward” award. And here is how it works:
- I have to answer 11 questions Melinda has given me.
- I have to choose 11 new bloggers to pass the award on to – and link them in this post.
- I have to create 11 new questions for the bloggers I have chosen.
- I have to tell the new recipients about this award.
- I have to post 11 random facts about myself.
- And finally, there are no tag-backs.
Melinda did include a clause that I can consider my nomination “honorary” and just have fun. This is a good thing, because I don’t think I know 11 “new” bloggers with followers of less than 200. Melinda nominated all of us in the Comment Circle, so my choices are limited. I do have a couple of friends who have blogs. And I’m pretty sure they don’t have 200 followers yet. The other blogs I read have many more than 200 followers, so I can’t nominate them.
However, I was intrigued by the questions that Melinda gave me, so I want to try to answer them. As for random facts, that might be difficult because I’m pretty much an open book. But I’m going to try. First, the questions.
- What fictional book has changed your life? If you consider the Bible a work of fiction, then the Bible. (I do not believe it is a work of fiction). I don’t think there is a fictional book that changed my life. However, The Chronicles of Narina and the Dragon Riders of Pern series certainly had a great influence on my life. They introduced me to good fantasy literature. And yes, Narnia and Pern really do exist.
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert? An introvert who wishes she were an extrovert.
- What got you started blogging? I have things that I want to say that are too long for a status update on Facebook.
- What’s the number one thing on your “bucket list”? I have a friend that I have not seen in over 30 years. I want an in-person reunion.
- If you could change places with anyone for a day, who would it be? The President of the United States. I would like to experience “a day in the life of” that Office.
- What’s your favorite food? Pasta. Specifically, macaroni and cheese.
- What do you like best about being grown-up? Independence. I can choose to do whatever I’d like.
- What do you like least about being grown-up? Responsibility. I have to do the chores, run the errands, and show up for appointments.
- What one thing would you do to change the world, if you had the power? World peace. I know it sounds cliché, but definitely world peace.
- Where do you like to go on vacation? The Caribbean.
- Do you have a hobby? Yes. I used to do counted cross-stitch. And I used to knit and crochet. I think about getting back to either one of them. Currently, I read. And I write.
- I did not walk until I was almost 2 years old.
- I wanted to be a lawyer since the age of 12. (That dream came true).
- I believe in ghosts.
- I’m anxious about this year’s Avon Walk in San Francisco. Not because of the hills, but because the route takes us across the bridge.
- I am slightly dyslexic, and chemotherapy made it worse.
- On occasion, I have spent four straight days at home without going out.
- I believe in love at first sight.
- I like criminal investigation television shows.
- I’m a Trekkie.
- I never wanted to have children.
- Pink has been my favorite color for as long as I can remember.
Since I don’t know eleven other bloggers to nominate I’m going to consider my nomination honorary. And I certainly had fun. Thanks, Melinda!
If you enjoy my blog and would like to follow me on Facebook, I can be found at The Reluctant Survivor.