Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013 Gratitude Jar

In 2012 I read about the Gratitude Jar and thought it was a wonderful idea. So for 2013 I started one. Last night I emptied the Jar and put my slips of paper in date order. This morning I read through the pile. At the top of the list were events that involved family and friends – which did not surprise me. Tied for second were birthdays, food, and vacation. Only one “thing” made it on the list; some pots and pans my husband found to add to our collection.

There were several life events: getting to drop one of my doctor’s appointments, the dedication of Hope House to my father-in-law, and finalizing some details on a piece of property we own. Upon reflection, there are some things that did not make it into the Gratitude Jar but probably should have.

1.     Making new friends.

2.     Reconnecting with high school friends.

3.     My two beautiful, cuddly kitties.

4.     Having food on our table, a roof over our heads, air conditioning in the summer, and heat in the winter.

5.     Most of all: having our health.

For 2014 I plan to continue with the Gratitude Jar. May your year be filled with joy, blessings, and health.
If you enjoy my blog and would like to follow me on Facebook, I can be found at The Reluctant Survivor. Now on Twitter @relucsurvivor.

No comments:

Post a Comment