Friday, September 28, 2012

Musings



I haven’t written much in September. It’s not because I have nothing to say. In fact, a lot has been on my mind. So much so that I started a folder in “my documents” named “To Write.” So stay tuned. The truth is, I’ve been busy. Busy with family, with travel, with friends, and with daily living. It’s all been good (and a source of “To Write” inspiration). And I’ve learned some things along the way.
 
 
Of note is that each month, except for August and December, features cancer awareness. September is cancer awareness month for:
·         Childhood cancer
·         Gynecologic cance
·         Leukemia
·         Lymphoma
·         Multiple Myeloma
·         Ovarian cancer
·         Thyroid cancer
·         Prostate cancer
I started a Facebook page. [Warning: shameless plug here]. It has the same name as my blog: The Reluctant Survivor. You can find me at http://www.facebook.com/TheReluctantSurvivor?ref=hl. Whether you are a cancer survivor or know someone who is, I invite you to join me. During September I featured information and news articles about the different cancers that are part of the September awareness. Beyond that I share information on health and wellness, food, music, and quotes that make me smile. I also invite those on the page to share their story, as well as anything that brings joy.
So while I’ve been a little quiet in cyberspace I have not forgotten my friends here. And there is a lot more to share.
Be well.

No comments:

Post a Comment