Friday, March 8, 2013

Winter's End


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Snow gently falls
Covering the trees
Like frosting on a cake
He stands tall and fierce
Against the harshness of winter
And the cold of being alone

Buried deep within the ground
The frozen earth protects the seeds
With memories of summer past
Summers of sunshine
When laughter fell like rain
At just the right moments

The sunrise promises spring
With its warmer days
And the newness of growth
He breathes in the life
That gives hope for tomorrow
And warms his tired bones
 
 



If you enjoy my blog and would like to follow me on FaceBook, I can be found at The Reluctant Survivor

7 comments:

  1. The snow is falling down, down,
    Down, down upon the town.

    Looking like white sugar flakes.
    Making houses look like cakes.

    Oh how I wish that I could eat
    All the cakes along the street.

    Written at about age 8.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such delightful, wonderful talent! Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  2. Love the poetry! Very nice in the imagery almost makes me like the snow but prefer to breathe in the warmth of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice content about that website, I am really like it and appreciated on it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments and for visiting. Please feel free to join me on FaceBook.

      Delete
  4. That really is wonderful imagery. Thanks for reposting.

    ReplyDelete